Helpline Number : +91-7517714652

How do I apply for my name to be changed on my PAN card?

The most common reason for wanting to change the name on your PAN card is on marriage. This is easy to do online. Fill in the Composite Service Form (CSF) on the website, make the payment online, print off the form, sign it, attach your photos and supporting documents.

In most cases, send your marriage certificate as proof of your new surname. If you have had your change of name noted in a published gazette, you can send that instead. You can also send a copy of your new husband’s passport to establish your new surname.

If your date of birth has been entered incorrectly, then you will need to send additional proof of your correct date of birth such as birth certificate or other government paperwork. Once approved, your corrected PAN Card will be sent to you in the post.